Protection for Novell Netware servers (versions 5.x and 6.x) consists of two NLM modules, AMON.NLM (the on-access scanner) and NOD32.NLM (the on-demand scanner).
Supports update from mirror created by Windows ESET Remote Administrator Server 3.x.
AMON.NLM key features
- Provides automatic and permanent control of all access to existing files and blocks them if the files contain infiltrations
- Also monitors the process of creation of all new files (sometimes referred to as incoming or outgoing files)
- Generates useful and comprehensive log file with detailed information on program activities and detected infiltrations
- Warning messages on incidents can be sent to any predefined user(s) within the network automatically
- A warning message can also be sent to the user who attempted to access an infected file
NOD32.NLM key features
- Module is executed on the server and can scan all server volumes
- Command-line interface
- Cleans viruses
- Supports archives (ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LZH and LHA) including self-extracting files
- Based on the same technology used in the Windows versions
In a recent test by Virus Bulletin Magazine, ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Novell NetWare scored head and shoulders above the competition, scanning files at just over the twice the speed of its nearest competitor.